Saturday, January 21, 2012

Mae Mobley - Aibileen

I'm startin this blog off to tell our stories, Me , Minny's, and Ms.Skeeter's but yall will have ta escuse me, I aint very good with technology. Or correct grammer. And you aint need to go spreading it around bout how were tellin the real story. White Folk dont care for it.
I want to start off by saying I love my Little Mae Mobley. She was born early one Sunday afternoon,  August 1960.  Law, she was the sweetest littele girl I ever done meet. She was a church baby, you see, as I said she was born on a Sunday, a Christian day. Yes Ma'am, I've raised seventeen children in my life time, I know how to get them babies to eat, sleep, stop crying, and go to the toilet before they mamas even roll outta bed.But I aint neva had a baby with a setta lungs like Mae Mobley, little girl could yell. First day I walk in to Mrs.Leefolt's shes red as a beet and screamin with collic. Mrs.Leefolt look like she gonna loose her head if that baby dint stop her yowlin. She was terrified and she asks me "What should I do with it? It wont stop crying! Why cant I stop it?"
"It" was my first indication that somethin was wrong with the situation. I took that pink baby bounced her on my kneeand that baby done stop cryin, and look up at me with a sweet pink smile. But her mama dont pick her up for the resta the day.
See, Mrs.Leefolt real spindly, twenty three and lanky as a teenage boy. She has thin brown hair and a chin as pointy as the devils!
By the time Mae Mobly was one she followed me everywhere. Her mama didnt like one bit how she wailed when I left after cleanin the house and soothin her.

Now, shes two. Mae Mobley my special baby.

-Aibileen

No comments:

Post a Comment